Luxury Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain – Full Day
If you are planning a short escapade to discover another jewel of Cusco’s vast nature, then this full day trek is perfect for you! You will discover a less explored Rainbow Mountain range similar to Vinicunca but with a lighter hike and almost in complete solitude.
LUXURY VINICUNCA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – FULL DAY
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
VINICUNCA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
• Pick up time: 05:00 am
• Trek starting time: 08:30 am
• Arrival to Cusco: 18:30 pm
• Minimum altitude: Checacupe Town - 3440 masl/ 11286.1 ft.
• Maximum altitude: Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain viewpoint – 5200 masl/ 17060.4 ft.
• Distance covered: 10 kms/6.2 mls. (5.5 hours walking approx.)
• Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
• Meals included: Healthy snacks, luxury picnic lunch.
Our program will start after having breakfast at your Cusco hotel (or you may require them a box breakfast and you can have it along the way). We will pick you up from your hotel and transport you in our private van through the magnificent highlands of the Andes. After a 3.5 hours we will pass through the picturesque village of Checacupe (3440 mts/11286.1 ft) which distinguishes for its beautiful colonial church and bridge that still maintains Inca foundations, we will also see Combapata Town (3500 mts/ 11482.9 ft) which is known for its celebration in honor to San Isidro Labrador (Saint of the Agriculture) during the festivity the inhabitants ask him for the grace and heavenly blessings for the agrarian fields of the town.
Later we will arrive to Palcoyo start trekking point (4760 mts/15616.8 ft), from here is possible to see the colorful mountain formations but we will make the short 1 hour hike to appreciate the mountain range in all its splendor. Along the way we will encounter some endemic flora and fauna (it is common to see some llamas and alpacas wandering around), also there is a curious forest of stones which as its name suggests, is about peaks of rock from the height of trees that look like a true geological labyrinth. Being a short hike there are no horses available for rent.
VINICUNCA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
After these superb landscapes we will arrive at last to the Palcoyo main viewpoint (4900 mts/16076.1 ft) and experience the breathtaking panoramic view of 3 colorful mountains and the red Valley: the Rainbow Mountain range of Palcoyo, its striking colors, as with Vinicunca, are due to the minerals found here, such as red clay, sandstone or copper oxide. It is believed that millions of years ago, this area was completely covered with water, which brought all these sediments that give Palcoyo these characteristic colors. The imposing Ausangate Mountain which is the fifth highest mountain in Peru with its 6385 mts/20948.2 ft is visible from here as well.
We will have plenty of time for taking amazing photos featuring gorgeous backgrounds, hear our expert guide’s explanation and wander around for about 1.5 hours until is time to return hiking back through the same path. Upon our arrival we will have a 20 mins ride until reaching our exclusive picnic lunch place with beautiful views, we will have our well-deserved gourmet meals and some hot coca tea to fight the altitude sickness. Then we reach the final portion of our journey returning back to Cusco in our private transportation, our arrival is scheduled for 18:00 pm approx.
- • A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- • Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions along the route
- • All entrance fees and permits required.
- • Luxury picnic lunch served: bottled water, hot beverages, soft drinks, gourmet 3 course meal (including starter, main course and dessert), a glass of wine and champagne. It is possible to accommodate all type of food restrictions or preferences, just please inform in advance to your travel specialist.
- • Healthy and consistent snacks: 01 seasonal fruit, energetic bar of selected andean grains, Peruvian chocolate bar and crackers.
- • All overland private transportation for customers.
- • Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- • Fully trained porters hailing from local communities.
- • 01 emergency horse (1 horse for every 5 customers)
- • Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter
- • Dining tent and chairs: Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- • Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- • Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system and toiletries.
- • First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- • All the required Peruvian taxes (IGV)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal riding horse (PEN 100.00 approx. per horse)
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Ideal for those whom want to enjoy the magical Rainbow Mountain range without much physical effort, suitable for families with kids, also for those whom love nature, geography (there is a forest of stones nearby), photography and off the beaten paths.
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles (Standard Brand) without any charges; you just need to ask in advance to your travel specialist.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
|Price Per Person||For 1 person||For 2 people||For 3 people||For 4 people|
|At Luxury Class||$1.150||$639||$485||$396|
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
World Class Luxury Salkantay Trek
With my wife, we did the Salkantay Trek with the luxury standard of View Peru. It was a fantastic experience! Everything that was offered on the program was delivered, with a smile on the face ...
Lares 4 day Glamping Trek
The View Peru signature Lares Trek tour was beyond expectations and it left us content and happy. We chose the Lares Trek because we booked our Peru trip rather late for the Inca Trek (must ...
Nothing but AMAZING!
I’ve travelled the world and have used numerous tour companies for private tours. View Peru is among the best! Working closely together with Milton, one of their trip planners, I knew I was in for ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures