Luxury Royal Lares Trail – 4 Days
While other trekking routes have their own enchantments, visiting Machu Picchu through this less-crowded trek will irrevocably capture your attention from the beginning. Along this quieter route, you will feel the authentic spirit of the Andes passing through scenic valleys, mountains, snow-covered peaks and numerous lakes surprising you with its dazzling colors and location; before […]
Trekking, Cultural, Nature
LUXURY ROYAL LARES TRAIL – 4 DAYS
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
CUSCO - CALCA - CANCHA CANCHA (L, D)
● Trek starting time: 09:00 am
● Arrival to campsite: 16:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Huaran Town – 2966 masl/ 9730.9 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Cancha Cancha campsite – 3980 masl/13057.7 ft.
● Distance covered: 7 kms/4.4 mls (6 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
● Meals included: Snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
After having your hearty breakfast at your Cusco hotel (or you may require them a box breakfast to enjoy it along the way), our expert guide will welcome you and escort you in our private transportation through the Sacred Valley making some stops on the way. After 1.5 hours, we will reach the picturesque Calca town (2925 mts/9596.5 ft), where you can stroll around and make some last-minute purchases. Next, we will take a 30 mins. drive to Huaran (2966 mts/ 9730.9 ft) and officially start our trek. Upon arrival, we will meet the horsemen and our guide will provide us the final instructions in order to start our exciting trek.
The trek will start going uphill for 3.5 hours traversing a parallel trail to the Cancha Cancha river, on the route we will appreciate some traditional Andean crops and queuña forests. We will arrive to our first lunch place locally named “Piedra Grande” or Great Rock (3780 mts/12401.6 ft) because of the giant rock formation located nearby, here our exquisite lunch is ready for us.
Afterwards, we will follow the path for another 2.5 hours we will arrive to our first luxurious campsite called Cancha Cancha (3980 mts/13057.7 ft) to experience the outlook of the snowcapped Andean peaks and exchange some words with the locals. Indulge yourself on a hot downpour showerhead at the shower tent and then experience a unique session of muscle relaxing massages with our organic natural oils leaded by our professional therapists.
Then, it is time to visit our dining tent for a fantastic gourmet dinner prepared with organic food from the region by our high-class chef. After dinner you can admire the marvelous scenery of the starry night and be delighted by your private luxury heated bedroom tent to recharge some energy and get ready for your second trekking day.
CANCHA CANCHA – PACHACUTEC PASS - QUISWARANI (B, L, D)
With a precious dawn and after our restorative sleep, it is time to enjoy another one of a kind experience, having a 30-40 mins. yoga session leaded by our expert therapists. Following a succulent energetic breakfast, we will start the most challenging day of the trek as we continue towards a 4 hours upwards to the highest point of the hike, the Pachacutec Pass (4690 mts/15387.1 ft) this portion is surrounded by stunning views of lagoons like Azulcocha and Suerococha. Throughout the way there may be some children or families greeting us and giving us some encouraging words, it customary to give them away some candies, fruits or even school supplies as they appreciate every kind gesture of visitors.
Once we reach the Pass, we will be rewarded with sensational views of glaciers, lakes, valleys and even some llamas! Having these lovely landscapes, you will be able to take some magnificent photos showing your great feat. Also, to celebrate this milestone, we will toast with a well-deserved glass of champagne. Cheers! Upon completion of this short celebration, it is time to begin the 2 hours descent towards our lunch spot along a privileged view of Qoyalaycocha Lagoon (4140 mts/13582.7 ft) where we will recover our strength with a savory gourmet lunch. Then, we will head down to our campsite for another 2 hours. On the route we will observe another jewel of nature, the 7 waterfalls.
By the time we reach our luxury Quiswarani campsite (3902 mts/12801.8 ft) we will experience some local culture as you can buy authentic woolen products here as well. For a second time, our hot shower and soothing massages will be at your disposal, afterwards it is time for our delicate gourmet dinner specially made for you and then relish on your cozy bedroom tent for a restful and soundly sleep.
● Wake-up time: 05:30 am
● Trek starting time: 07:00 am
● Arrival to campsite: 16:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Quiswarani campsite – 3902 masl/12801.8 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Pachacutec Pass – 4690 masl/15387.1 ft.
● Distance covered: 14 kms/8.7 mls (8 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Challenging.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
QUISWARANI - LARES HOTSPRINGS - AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L, D
● Wake-up time: 04:15 am
● Trek starting time: 07:00 am
● Arrival to Aguas Calientes: 20:45 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/ 6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Huillquijassa Pass – 4400 masl/ 14435.7 ft.
● Distance covered: 9 kms/5.6 mls (6 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, picnic lunch and, dinner with your hotel accommodation.
After having our nurturing breakfast on our campsite, we will continue hiking towards the second pass of this amazing hike. Along the 3.5 hours ascending hike we will see astonishing sceneries until we reach Huillquijassa Pass (4400 mts/14435.7 ft) and admire the spectacular views of valleys and the Mountain range of Urubamba furthermore pristine lagoons and lakes. Later on, we will follow the 2.5 hours descending path to Cuncani Town accompanied by some gracious herds of alpacas, llamas and sheeps as they are usually grazing around.
Upon our arrival to Cuncani town (3900 mts/12795.3 ft) our private transportation will be waiting to take us to Lares hotsprings for a well-deserved bath. The natural volcanic hotsprings of Lares (3260 mts/10695.5 ft) measure around 38°C/100°F, the heat and water pressure cushion our perception of pain by blocking our pain receptors. In addition, the mineral concentration and warm water have positive effects on joints and muscles, working together will help us feel good and more relaxed. After our spring bath, it is time to have our delicious picnic lunch before saying goodbye to our trekking crew and thanking them for bringing all of the outstanding quality service throughout this exciting experience.
Finally, we will embark on a 3.5 hours ride towards Ollantaytambo train station in order to board our Expedition train late in the afternoon. Upon your arrival to Aguas Calientes Town (2070 mts/6791.3 ft) by 20:45 pm you will and be escorted to our luxury 5 stars Aguas Calientes hotel. Once you had settled at your hotel and coordinated with your guide the pick-up time for the following day, it’s time for a well-deserved dinner (included with your accommodation) and to have a restful sleep in a luxurious room.
AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO (B, L)
Early in the morning, our knowledgeable guide will pick you up from your hotel in order to catch the bus up to the citadel for a 30 mins ride and, if weather allows it, see the sunrise over this Lost City of the Incas. Sometimes and especially in high season (April to July) we will have to be patient as the queues to go up to this World Wonder will be longer than expected, but with the help of your qualified guide and a bit of good humor there is nothing impossible!
Today is the day you have been waiting for! Machu Picchu (2430 mts/7972.4 ft) will definitely leave you speechless as it is a truly evidence of the Incas dexterity in engineering and architecture. It shows a magnificent citadel hidden on the Mountains and the vast valleys, indeed a Lost City of the Incas, our well-informed guide will teach us about the magnificent theories about the purpose of Machu Picchu, the history of its buildings and of course, about the millenary culture of the Incas.
To end your time at Machu Picchu, enjoy a delightful a la carte lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel part of this fabulous programmed. Later embark on your delightful tea time which is included within your service with the Hiram Bingham train company, reminisce about your wonderful day as you wait 30 minutes before departing back to Aguas Calientes. To conclude this journey, you will have a lasting experience as you board the Hiram Bingham train. Upon arrival, our View Peru representative will collect you in our private vehicle and take you to your hotel in Cusco.
● Pick up time: 07:00 am
● Tour starting time: 08:00 am
● Arrival to Cusco: 21:56 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Machu Picchu citadel – 2430 masl/ 7972.4 ft.
● Difficulty: Easy.
● Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, Hiram Bingham tea time and dinner on board.
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions on the route
- Expert guide assistant
- Specialized massage therapists for every camping night (1 for every 4 customers)
- 02 nights of ultra-luxury camping.
- 01 night at 5* luxury hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 Yoga session very early in the morning of second day.
- All entrance fees and permits required
- Vistadome train ticket for outward and Hiram Bingham train ticket for return
- All meals cooked on the spot by our well-trained chef with fresh ingredients (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner):
- All overland private transportation for customers.
- Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter
- Fully trained muleteers hailing from local communities to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock)
- Private extra muleteer for your personal stuff (10 kg/22.1 lb. total) including your sleeping bag and mattress (03 kg/6.6 lb)
- Duffle bags for your belongings (01 per customer)
- 01 emergency horse
- Bedroom tent: Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum of triple use) It is vital that you inform us in advance about your rooming list distribution.
- Air bed and camping cot.
- Bed duvets, sleeping bags, cotton sheets, blankets, pillows, cotton and silk robes.
- Dining tent and chairs: Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Hot Shower Tent: Light Speed including cotton towels for body, face and hands.
- Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system and toiletries.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Cusco hotel accommodation.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- On Day 3, epending on your physical state and if you prefer to have more time at the hotsprings, you can opt to arrange a private and direct 1 hour transportation towards Lares hotsprings. Please note that there are additional costs involved for this extra service.
- Also on Day 3, we will book a Hotel in Aguas Calientes town, if you prefer Belmond Sanctuary Lodge then there will be itinerary modifications that will incur in additional costs as you will need to arrive to Aguas Calientes very much earlier.
- Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles (Standard Brand) without any charges; you just need to ask in advance to your travel specialist.
- If you would like to climb to Huayna Picchu Mountain, please take in mind that is an unguided hike. If you are interested, please consult with your travel specialist as we need to check availability far in advance.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
|Price Per Person||For 1 person||For 2 people||For 3 people||For 4 people|
|At Luxury Class||$7.209||$4.194||$3.510||$3.136|
|At Premium Class||$5.874||$3.447||$2.780||$2.415|
|At Superior Class||$5.256||$3.030||$2.422||$2.068|
GRADES OF EXCLUSIVITY
Limited Alcoholic Beverages
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
World Class Luxury Salkantay Trek
With my wife, we did the Salkantay Trek with the luxury standard of View Peru. It was a fantastic experience! Everything that was offered on the program was delivered, with a smile on the face ...
Lares 4 day Glamping Trek
The View Peru signature Lares Trek tour was beyond expectations and it left us content and happy. We chose the Lares Trek because we booked our Peru trip rather late for the Inca Trek (must ...
Nothing but AMAZING!
I’ve travelled the world and have used numerous tour companies for private tours. View Peru is among the best! Working closely together with Milton, one of their trip planners, I knew I was in for ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures