Luxury Quarry Trail – 4 Days
If you are seeking for an isolated trail plastered of legitimate Inca archaeological complexes, wide variety of Andean flora and fauna, challenging Mountain passes and perfect photos, then this program is ideal for you! Throughout the route you will be able to explore ceremonial centers as Choquekilla or Golden Moon, visit typical communities as Socma, […]
Trekking, Cultural, Nature
LUXURY QUARRY TRAIL – 4 DAYS
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
CUSCO – PEROLNIYOC WATERFALL - RAYANNIYOC (L, D)
● Trek starting time: 09:30 am
● Arrival to campsite: 13:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Pachar Town – 2890 masl/ 9481.6 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Rayanniyoc campsite – 3680 masl/ 12073.5 ft.
● Distance covered: 4 kms/2.5 mls (3 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Easy.
● Meals included: Snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Very early in the morning and after breakfast at your Cusco hotel (or you may ask them a box breakfast to enjoy it along the way), our expert guide will assist you and transfer you in our private transportation to our trekking starting point the Socma community (3190 mts/10465.9 ft), here we will learn more about the remote communities of Cusco, their life style and daily customs. Upon our arrival, we will meet the horsemen and our guide will provide us the final instructions in order to start our exciting trek.
The trek starts uphill for 1.5 hours toward Perolniyoc Waterfall (3500 mts/11482.9 ft) where we will enjoy the stunning natural formation, take wonderful photos and also have a short rest. Our adventure continues for another hour until reaching the archaeological site of Raqaypata (3600 mts/11811.0 ft), our specialized guide will share a dynamic explanation of the site. Once we had finished our visit, we will continue a short 15 mins walk to our first luxury campsite, Rayanniyoc (3680 mts/12073.5 ft) where we will be delighted with the exquisite flavours of our lunch. Afterward, you will have some time free at your own leisure where you can have some rest before enjoying another great experience, a 30-40 mins. yoga session leaded by our expert therapists shrouded on the mystery of the mighty mountains.
Following this rewarding experience, we will return to our campsite and relish with a hot shower and a session of relaxing massages that will ease our bodies and minds, performed by our professional therapists. Then, it is time to visit our dining tent for a fantastic gourmet dinner prepared with organic food from the region by our high-class chefs. After dinner and accompanied by the magical silence of nature, you will be delighted by your private luxury heated bedroom tent where you will recharge some energy and get ready for your second trekking day.
RAYANNIYOC – SUN GATE - CHOQUETACARPO (B, L, D
Being the first sunrise in our campsite, we will rise early to have our succulent energetic breakfast and then start the most challenging day of the trek. We will continue the walk for 4 hours to reach the top of the first pass, along the trek we will learn about the advanced agriculture techniques of the locals that had been passed from generation to generation to our days. Once we reach Puccaqasa Pass (4400 mts/14435.7 ft) we will appreciate a revealing view of the whole valley and astonishing views of the snowy Mountain range. Afterwards, we hike for another 30 mins until we reach our exclusive lunch place in the middle of the Andes and with hot beverages.
Later, we will continue the hike for 2 hours more until Buena Negra Pass (4500 mts/14763.8 ft). Upon our arrival, we will be rewarded with terrific views of the Sacred Valley, small lakes and imposing peaks of Veronica or Waqay Willka. Here you can take as many photos as you can to demonstrate your milestone, being the highest point of the trek, we had prepared a toast. Cheers!
Once we had finished, it is time to begin the 2.5 hours descent towards Inti Punku or Sun Gate (3900 mts/12795.3 ft) with spectacular views of the lush flora and picturesque valley ahead. Our guide will provide a brief explanation of Inti Punku site, then descending for another 30 mins we will reach our last campsite called Choquetacarpo (3770 mts/12368.8 ft) where our luxury campsite lays. For a second time we will benefit from the well-deserved hot showers and soothing massages which will be at your disposal. Then, it is time for our delicate gourmet dinner specially made for you and then indulge on your cozy bedroom tent for a restful and soundly sleep.
● Wake-up time: 05:30 am
● Trek starting time: 07:00 am
● Arrival to campsite: 17:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Rayanniyoc campsite – 3680 masl/ 12073.5 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Buena Negra Pass - 4500 masl/14763.8 ft.
● Distance covered: 14 kms/8.7 mls (9.5 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Challenging.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
CHOQUETACARPO – AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L, D)
● Wake-up time: 05:30 am
● Trek starting time: 07:00 am
● Arrival to Aguas Calientes: 17:02 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/ 6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Cachicata quarry – 3570 masl/ 11712.6 ft.
● Distance covered: 8.6 kms/5.3 mls (4.5 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Moderate.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner with your hotel accommodation.
After having our nurturing breakfast, we prepare for our last portion of the hike to reach the inca quarry. In our 1 hour hike we will have a preferred view of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo as well as a glimpse of the ancient stone pieces that have not arrived to their final destination. Once we reach Cachicata quarry (3570 mts/11712.6 ft) our guide explanation will let us regress on the Incas time and imagine the Spanish conquest, the staggering work of the architects and stonemasons which is now unconcluded, the possible techniques used for transporting huge stones and the influence of death rituals in their culture as we visit a cave with Inca burials and mummies.
Following this enlightening visit, we will continue descending for 3.5 hours more and reach Ollantaytambo town (2792 mts/9160.1 ft) when is time to say goodbye to our trekking crew and thank them for bringing all of the outstanding quality service throughout this exciting experience. Our exclusive service will continue with a delectable lunch at El Albergue restaurant or similar depending on availability, following our lunch we will board our Vistadome train. After a short 1.40 hours train ride we will arrive to Aguas Calientes Town (2070 mts/6791.3 ft) by 17:02 pm and be escorted to our luxury 5 stars Aguas Calientes hotel.
Once you had settled at your hotel and coordinated with your guide the pick-up time for the following day, it’s time for a well-deserved dinner (included with your accommodation) and to have a restful sleep in a luxurious room.
AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B, L)
Early in the morning, our knowledgeable guide will pick you up from your hotel in order to catch the bus up to the citadel for a 30 mins ride and, if weather allows it, see the sunrise over this Lost City of the Incas. Sometimes and especially in high season (April to July) we will have to be patient as the queues to go up to this World Wonder will be longer than expected, but with the help of your qualified guide and a bit of good humor there is nothing impossible!
Today is the day you have been waiting for! Machu Picchu (2430 mts/7972.4 ft) will definitely leave you speechless as it is a truly evidence of the Incas dexterity in engineering and architecture. It shows a magnificent citadel hidden on the Mountains and the vast valleys, indeed a Lost City of the Incas, our well-informed guide will teach us about the magnificent theories about the purpose of Machu Picchu, the history of its buildings and of course, about the millenary culture of the Incas.
To end your time at Machu Picchu, enjoy a delightful a la carte lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel part of this fabulous programmed. Later embark on your delightful tea time which is included within your service with the Hiram Bingham train company, reminisce about your wonderful day as you wait 30 minutes before departing back to Aguas Calientes. To conclude this journey, you will have a lasting experience as you board the Hiram Bingham train. Upon arrival, our View Peru representative will collect you in our private vehicle and take you to your hotel in Cusco.
● Pick up time: 07:00 am
● Tour starting time: 08:00 am
● Arrival to Cusco: 21:56 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Machu Picchu citadel – 2430 masl/ 7972.4 ft.
● Difficulty: Easy.
● Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, Hiram Bingham tea time and dinner on board.
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions on the route
- Specialized massage therapists for every camping night (1 for every 4 customers)
- 02 nights of ultra-luxury camping.
- 01 night at 5* luxury hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 Yoga session in the afternoon of first day.
- All entrance fees and permits required
- Vistadome train ticket for outward and Hiram Bingham train ticket for return
- All meals cooked on the spot by our well-trained chef with fresh ingredients (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner):
- All overland private transportation for customers.
- Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter
- Fully trained muleteers hailing from local communities to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock)
- Private extra muleteer for your personal stuff (10 kg/22.1 lb. total) including your sleeping bag and mattress (03 kg/6.6 lb)
- Duffle bags for your belongings (01 per customer)
- 01 emergency horse
- Bedroom tent: Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum of triple use) It is vital that you inform us in advance about your rooming list distribution.
- Air bed and camping cot.
- Bed duvets, sleeping bags, cotton sheets, blankets, pillows, cotton and silk robes.
- Dining tent and chairs: Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Hot Shower Tent: Light Speed including cotton towels for body, face and hands.
- Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system and toiletries.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- All the required Peruvian taxes (IGV)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Cusco hotel accommodation.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- On day 3, if you are interested, you can complement your trek with a visit of Ollantaytambo archaeological complex for an additional cost; please feel free to consult with your travel specialist.
- Also on day 3, please note that the last bus up to the citadel departs at 16:00 pm, for this reason we will book a hotel in Aguas Calientes. If you prefer Belmond Sanctuary Lodge there will be additional costs for modifying the itinerary.
- Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles (Standard Brand) without any charges; you just need to ask in advance to your travel specialist.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
|Price Per Person ||For 1 person||For 2 people||For 3 people||For 4 people|
|At Luxury Class||$7.095||$4.158||$3.413||$3.072|
|At Premium Class||$5.759||$3.410||$2.683||$2.351|
|At Superior Class||$5.140||$2.991||$2.321||$1.999|
GRADES OF EXCLUSIVITY
Limited Alcoholic Beverages
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
World Class Luxury Salkantay Trek
With my wife, we did the Salkantay Trek with the luxury standard of View Peru. It was a fantastic experience! Everything that was offered on the program was delivered, with a smile on the face ...
Lares 4 day Glamping Trek
The View Peru signature Lares Trek tour was beyond expectations and it left us content and happy. We chose the Lares Trek because we booked our Peru trip rather late for the Inca Trek (must ...
Nothing but AMAZING!
I’ve travelled the world and have used numerous tour companies for private tours. View Peru is among the best! Working closely together with Milton, one of their trip planners, I knew I was in for ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures