Luxury Express Inca Trail – Full Day
If you are an intrepid and skilled hiker looking for a challenging experience and you are short of time, then this full day hike is definitely for you! Throughout this amazing path you will be able to see the lavish vegetation, unique flora and fauna which is only seen in this part of the world, […]
Trekking, Cultural, Nature
LUXURY EXPRESS INCA TRAIL – FULL DAY
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
EXPRESS INCA TRAIL
• Pick up time: 05:00 am
• Trek starting time: 08:20 am
• Arrival to Cusco: 21:51 pm
• Minimum altitude: Km 104 – 2170 masl/ 7119.4 ft.
• Maximum altitude: Intipunku archaeological site - 2750 masl/ 9022.3 ft.
• Distance covered: 9 kms/ 5.6 mls (5.5 hours walking approx.)
• Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
• Meals included: Healthy snacks and luxury picnic lunch.
Our defiant adventure for today will start very early in the morning from your Cusco hotel and after you had breakfast there (or you may require them a box breakfast and you can have it along the way), our representative will be at your hotel in order to escort you to Ollantaytambo town. The ride will take about 2 hours then, we will reach Ollantaytambo town (2792 mts/9160.1 ft) and head to the train station where we will board our Vistadome/Expedition train to Km 104 which is our trekking starting point. Upon our arrival to Km 104 (2170 mts/7119.4 ft), our expert guide will welcome you and provide a short story about the Inca Trail as well as some directions for this incredible experience waiting for us! If you require it in advance, we will provide you with a pair of standard walking sticks to support you during the hike, with the help of your guide you will learn the correct technique to use them making sure your knees are well cared. Our first stop and visit will be in Chachabamba archaeological site (2178 mts/7145.7 ft) which is hidden in the tropical forest, here our knowledgeable guide will be more than glad to give you a brief history of this site and answer all the questions you may have. Continuing the tropical forest, we will appreciate a great biodiversity and principally see the great variety of beautiful endemic orchids and birds; at the end of this stretch and after a 3 hours walking we will arrive to Wiñaywayna archaeological site (2650 mts/8694.2 ft).
EXPRESS INCA TRAIL
Once we reach Wiñaywayna which means “Forever young”, our exclusive picnic lunch and refreshing beverages are ready for us, be delighted by the tasty flavours especially prepared on spot for you. After recovering energies, we will keep on through steep stairs for about 1.5 hours to reach the Sun’s Gate or Intipunku (2750 mts/9022.3 ft) from here we will see why the arduous hike is worth it as we will be rewarded with astonishing views of Machu Picchu and the surrounding valley, you will be able to appreciate every detail of this recondite place. Following this dreamy spectacle, we will initiate the hike down until will reach the main motivation for this trip, Machu Picchu (2430 mts/7972.4 ft) here our guide will provide a complete tour explaining about the magnificent history behind this World Wonder, accompanied by your guide reveal all its enigmas, secrets and theories about its unique construction and environment. Once you have solved all of your doubts and take all the perfect photos it is time to return back to Aguas Calientes town by a 30 min bus ride, then you will have some free time to wander around this picturesque town.
Lastly we will board our superior service Vistadome train back to the train station, during the journey you will enjoy some snacks and typical show on board. After your arrival, you will be transferred back by our View Peru representative in our private vehicle for a 40 mins ride towards your Cusco hotel.
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions
- All entrance fees and permits required:
- Round trip train Vistadome train tickets (Usual train stations: Ollantaytambo – Km 104, Aguas Calientes – Poroy)
- Luxury picnic lunch served: bottled water, hot beverages, soft drinks, gourmet 3 course meal (including starter, main course and dessert), a glass of wine and champagne. It is possible to accommodate all type of food restrictions or preferences, just please inform in advance to your travel specialist.
- Healthy and consistent snacks: 01 seasonal fruit, energetic bar of selected andean grains, Peruvian chocolate bar and crackers.
- All overland private transportation for customers.
- Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter
- Fully trained porters hailing from local communities to carry all the equipment
- Private extra porter for your personal belongings (07 kg/15.4 lb maximum)
- Duffle bags for your belongings (01 per customer)
- Dining tent and chairs: ABC Canopy King-Kong, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system and toiletries.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- All the required Peruvian taxes (IGV)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee (in order to accomplish this hike then you will have to spend 01 night at Aguas Calientes. If you are interested, please consult with your travel specialist as we need to check availability far in advance)
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Ideal for those whom love nature (Apurimac canyon, endemic flora and fauna), birdwatchers (especially those interested in the majestic condor), culture and history (if you add the visit to Killarumiyoc and Tarawasi)
- Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles (Standard Brand) without any charges; you just need to ask in advance to your travel specialist.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
|Price Per Person||For 1 person||For 2 people||For 3 people ||For 4 people |
|At Luxury Class||$3.537||$2.191||$2.017||$1.952|
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
World Class Luxury Salkantay Trek
With my wife, we did the Salkantay Trek with the luxury standard of View Peru. It was a fantastic experience! Everything that was offered on the program was delivered, with a smile on the face ...
Lares 4 day Glamping Trek
The View Peru signature Lares Trek tour was beyond expectations and it left us content and happy. We chose the Lares Trek because we booked our Peru trip rather late for the Inca Trek (must ...
Nothing but AMAZING!
I’ve travelled the world and have used numerous tour companies for private tours. View Peru is among the best! Working closely together with Milton, one of their trip planners, I knew I was in for ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures