Luxury Chonta Condors Viewpoint – Full Day
If looking to witness first hand of the wildlife of Cusco and appreciate the flight of the ancient Condors that used to be sacred birds in the Incas times, then you cannot miss on this wonderful experience.
Trekking, Wildlife, Nature
LUXURY CHONTA CONDORS VIEWPOINT – FULL DAY
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
CHONTA CONDORS VIEWPOINT
● Pick up time: 06:30 am
● Trek starting time: 10:15 am
● Arrival to Cusco: 18:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Limatambo Town – 2600 masl/8530.2 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Chonta Community - 3500 masl/11482.9 ft.
● Distance covered: 6.6 kms/4.1 mls. (3 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Moderate.
● Meals included: Healthy snacks and luxury picnic lunch.
Our adventure for today will start early in the morning and after you had breakfast at your hotel (or you may require them a box breakfast and you can have it along the way), our View Peru guide will pick you up from your Cusco hotel in order to transfer you through the northwest part of Cusco towards the highlands of Anta. During this trip you will see the delightful scenery of our puna region which is known by its wonderful landscape with forests, lakes, rivers and the flight of the condors, being this the main attraction. After a 2 hours ride we arrive to Tarawasi an archaeological complex (2660 mts/8727.1 ft), its name means “Tara’s place”, Tara is a prickly bush which prevents the development of lichen on the stones. It is believed that this was one of the complexes built by Inca Pachacutec during his reign; Tarawasi had the purpose of a ceremonial center that was located at the beginning of Chinchaysuyo (northern nation of the Incas), its Main Temple stands out as it is based on a pyramidal ceremonial altar that was used for the most important ceremonies of this region. If you want to add a visit to this site, then please consult with your travel specialist.
Afterwards, we will head to Limatambo town (2600 mts/8530.2 ft) where we will have beautiful views of the valley and make some last minute purchases. Then we will start our trip to Chonta community (3500 mts/11482.9 ft) through a steep dirt road for about an hour.
CHONTA CONDORS VIEWPOINT
Upon our arrival we will prepare the latest details and be provided with some short safety instructions before starting our 1:30 hrs trek of moderate difficulty to the viewpoint, during the walk we will see the characteristic flora and fauna; with some luck we can see some endemic birds (owls or even parrots). Once we reach the main viewpoint (3320 mts/10892.4 ft) we shall stay at this marvelous spot in order to wait for the condors soaring upwards, being transported by their huge wings. The impressive Andean condor may reach up to 8,000 mts/26246.7 ft in height and in Andean cosmology, he connects the Superior World or Heaven (Hanan Pacha) with the Earthly World (Kay Pacha). Watching this imposing bird with a wing span of up to 3 mts/9.8 ft soaring to the backdrop of the breathtaking canyon, undoubtedly is an unforgettable experience.
Following this breathtaking experience, we will have our sumptuous gourmet lunch in our exclusive lunch spot accompanied by refreshing beverages. Finally, after this lovely occasion, we will return back hiking again to Chonta community and from here by our exclusive transport back to Cusco for another 3 hours, arriving to your Cusco hotel by 18:30 pm approx.
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions along the route
- All entrance fees and permits required.
- Luxury picnic lunch served: bottled water, hot beverages, soft drinks, gourmet 3 course meal (including starter, main course and dessert), a glass of wine and champagne. It is possible to accommodate all type of food restrictions or preferences, just please inform in advance to your travel specialist.
- Healthy and consistent snacks: 01 seasonal fruit, energetic bar of selected andean grains, Peruvian chocolate bar and crackers.
- All overland private transportation for customers.
- Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- Fully trained porters hailing from local communities.
- Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter
- Dining tent and chairs: Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system and toiletries
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- All the required Peruvian taxes (IGV)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Emergency horse.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Ideal for those whom love nature (Apurimac canyon, endemic flora and fauna), birdwatchers (especially those interested in the majestic condor), culture and history (if you add the visit to Killarumiyoc and Tarawasi)
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles (Standard Brand) without any charges; you just need to ask in advance to your travel specialist.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
|Price Per Person||For 1 person||For 2 people||For 3 people||For 4 people|
|At Luxury Class||$1.138||$634||$492||$402|
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
World Class Luxury Salkantay Trek
With my wife, we did the Salkantay Trek with the luxury standard of View Peru. It was a fantastic experience! Everything that was offered on the program was delivered, with a smile on the face ...
Lares 4 day Glamping Trek
The View Peru signature Lares Trek tour was beyond expectations and it left us content and happy. We chose the Lares Trek because we booked our Peru trip rather late for the Inca Trek (must ...
Nothing but AMAZING!
I’ve travelled the world and have used numerous tour companies for private tours. View Peru is among the best! Working closely together with Milton, one of their trip planners, I knew I was in for ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures