Luxury Ancascocha Trail – 4 Days
[Price upon request]
It is not surprising that this route has been considered one of the 20 best hikes around the world, as it is truly one of the most picturesque and beautiful hikes in the region. Through this 4 days excursion you will pass through diverse typical Andean sceneries, from hiking nearby pristine rivers, walk along enchanted […]
Trekking, Cultural, Nature
LUXURY ANCASCOCHA TRAIL – 4 DAYS
We have a expert team of travel specialists, who have all turned their passion for travel into a vocation. Between them, they have visited nearly every corner of Peru and Bolivia..
We curate tailor-made, truly individual travel experiences for our clients. View Peru & Signatures approach leaves our travellers with unforgettable memories.
At every stage of your holiday, from inception to conclusion, a View Peru and Signatures hand will be there to guide you.
WE ARE THE OPERATORS
View Peru and Signatures is the Operator of all your experiences in Peru and Bolivia, This ensures a seamless holiday experience.
CUSCO – LECHERIA– LLUCHANI (L, D)
● Trek starting time: 09:30 am
● Arrival to campsite: 16:00 pm
● Minimum altitude: Lecheria – 3240 masl/ 10629.9 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Lluchani campsite – 4342 masl/ 14245.4 ft.
● Distance covered: 6 kms/3.7 mls (6 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
● Meals included: Snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Very early in the morning and after breakfast at your Cusco hotel (or you may require them a box breakfast to enjoy it along the way), our expert guide will assist you and transfer you in our private transportation to our trekking starting point called the Lecheria (3240 mts/10629.9 ft). Once there, we will meet the horsemen and our guide will provide us with the final instructions to start our trek.
The trek starts uphill for 3 hours through the ravine and parallel to the river of the same name, passing traditional Andean crops and livestock, along the way we will be able to recognize famous queuña trees (polylepis), then the trail will become narrower and steeper until we reach Quewñapampa (4100 mts/13451.4 ft) which is our lunch place, our chef will be awaiting us with a nutritive and delightful picnic lunch in the solitude of this magic area.
After we finish our lunch, we will continue the hike for another 3 hours making some stops along the way to enjoy the marvelous landscape. Then, we will arrive to our luxury campsite called Lluchani (4342 mts/14245.4 ft) where we will enjoy another one of a kind experience, a 30-40 mins. yoga session leaded by our expert therapists shrouded on the mystery of the mighty mountains.
Then, we will relish with a hot shower and a session of relaxing massages that will ease our bodies and minds, performed by our professional therapists in order to help us relax and loosen our muscles. Following this experience, it is time to visit our dining tent for a fantastic gourmet dinner prepared with organic food from the region by our high-class chefs. After dinner and accompanied by the magical silence of nature, you will be delighted by your private luxury heated bedroom tent where you will recharge some energy and get ready for your second trekking day.
LLUCHANI – ANCASCOCHA LAKE – ESCUELA (B, L, D)
We will have an early rise to have our nourishing and energetic breakfast in order to complete the most challenging day as we will traverse 2 mountain passes. Once we are ready, we will depart to continue the ascent for 3.5 hours until we reach the first pass named Accocasa Pass (4685 mts/15370.7 ft) where we will appreciate the gorgeous Andean landscape, being this the highest point of our journey we will see our travelled path and the rest of the trail. Definitely a rewarding experience that will be part of your best Cusco memories.
Following the route, we will descend gradually for 1.5 hours until reach our exclusive lunch area in Incaracay (4451 mts/14603.0 ft) where a community of shepherds has stablished in small houses. After our succulent lunch we will continue hiking uphill for another hour and reach our second pass, Wayanay Pass (4627 mts/15180.5 ft) Upon our arrival, we will be rewarded again with terrific views of the snow peaks and small lakes. Here you can take as many photos as you want to demonstrate your milestone! Of course, for this special occasion we had prepared a champagne toast. Cheers!
Continuing the hike and descending for 1.5 hours through the puna region, we will finally reach the majestic Ancascocha lake (4210 mts/13812.3 ft) which will welcome us with its stunning dark turquoise color and also we will find some remains of ancient Inca trails nearby. After taking all the photos and enjoying some leisure time to be delighted with this spectacular natural beauty, our hike will continue for another 2.5 hours towards our luxury campsite Escuela (3967 mts/13015.1 ft) where, for a second time we will benefit from the well-deserved hot showers and soothing massages which will be at your disposal. Then, it is time for our delicate gourmet dinner specially made for you and then indulge on your cozy bedroom tent for a restful and soundly sleep.
● Wake-up time: 05:00 am
● Trek starting time: 06:30 am
● Arrival to campsite: 17:30 pm
● Minimum altitude: Escuela campsite – 3967 masl/ 13015.1 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Accocasa Pass - 4685 masl/15370.7 ft.
● Distance covered: 14 kms/8.7 mls (10 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Challenging.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
ESCUELA – HATUN RUMIYOC - OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L, D)
● Wake-up time: 06:00 am
● Trek starting time: 07:30 am
● Arrival to Aguas Calientes: 17:02 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/ 6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Escuela campsite – 3967 masl/ 13015.1 ft.
● Distance covered: 9 kms/5.6 mls (4.5 hours walking approx.)
● Difficulty: Moderate.
● Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner with your hotel accommodation.
Continuing our adventure with the most beautiful day of the trek, we will have our nurturing breakfast with amazing views and then prepare for the last portion of the hike. In our 4.5 hours hike we will have amazing final views of the highlands and if we are lucky, we will see some magnificent condors which are considered sacred by locals. As we go forward, we will leave the highlands and enter to the lush valley crowded with Andean flora and fauna, beautiful orchids, hummingbirds and more. The hike will go by the river, so we will have amazing opportunities to take wonderful photos of natural beauties, until we reach Hatun Rumiyoc (2961 mts/9714.6 ft) where is time to say goodbye to our trekking crew and thank them for bringing all of the outstanding service.
Afterwards, we will continue a short 30 mins. ride to reach Ollantaytambo town (2792 mts/9160.1 ft) If you are interested, you can complement your trek with a visit of Ollantaytambo archaeological complex for an additional cost; please feel free to consult with your travel specialist. Our exclusive service will continue with a delectable lunch at El Albergue restaurant or similar depending on availability, following our lunch we will board our Vistadome train. After a short 1.40 hours train ride we will arrive to Aguas Calientes Town (2070 mts/6791.3 ft) by 17:02 pm and be escorted to our luxury 5 stars Aguas Calientes hotel.
Once you had settled at your hotel and coordinated with your guide the pick-up time for the following day, it’s time for a well-deserved dinner (included with your accommodation) and to have a restful sleep in a luxurious room.
AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B, L)
Early in the morning, our knowledgeable guide will pick you up from your hotel in order to catch the bus up to the citadel for a 30 mins ride and, if weather allows it, see the sunrise over this Lost City of the Incas. Sometimes and especially in high season (April to July) we will have to be patient as the queues to go up to this World Wonder will be longer than expected, but with the help of your qualified guide and a bit of good humor there is nothing impossible!
Today is the day you have been waiting for! Machu Picchu (2430 mts/7972.4 ft) will definitely leave you speechless as it is a truly evidence of the Incas dexterity in engineering and architecture. It shows a magnificent citadel hidden on the Mountains and the vast valleys, indeed a Lost City of the Incas, our well-informed guide will teach us about the magnificent theories about the purpose of Machu Picchu, the history of its buildings and of course, about the millenary culture of the Incas.
To end your time at Machu Picchu, enjoy a delightful a la carte lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel part of this fabulous programmed. Later embark on your delightful tea time which is included within your service with the Hiram Bingham train company, reminisce about your wonderful day as you wait 30 minutes before departing back to Aguas Calientes. To conclude this journey, you will have a lasting experience as you board the Hiram Bingham train. Upon arrival, our View Peru representative will collect you in our private vehicle and take you to your hotel in Cusco.
● Pick up time: 07:00 am
● Tour starting time: 08:00 am
● Arrival to Cusco: 21:56 pm
● Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/6791.3 ft.
● Maximum altitude: Machu Picchu citadel – 2430 masl/ 7972.4 ft.
● Difficulty: Easy.
● Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, Hiram Bingham tea time and dinner on board.
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Luxury trek from start to finish.
- Professional english-speaking guides with knowledge of all diverse attractions along the route
- Expert guide assistant
- Specialized massage therapists for every camping night (1 for every 4 customers)
- 02 nights of ultra-luxury camping.
- 01 night at 5* luxury hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 Yoga session in the afternoon of first day.
- All entrance fees and permits required
- Vistadome train ticket for outward and Hiram Bingham train ticket for return
- All meals cooked on the spot by our well-trained chef with fresh ingredients (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner):
- All overland private transportation for customers.
- Separated private transportation for our staff members and camping equipment.
- Private Chef, chef assistant and waiter
- Fully trained muleteers hailing from local communities to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock)
- Private extra muleteer for your personal stuff (10 kg/22.1 lb. total) including your sleeping bag and mattress (03 kg/6.6 lb)
- Duffle bags for your belongings (01 per customer)
- 01 emergency horse
- Bedroom tent: Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum of triple use) It is vital that you inform us in advance about your rooming list distribution.
- Air bed and camping cot.
- Bed duvets, sleeping bags, cotton sheets, blankets, pillows, cotton and silk robes.
- Dining tent and chairs: Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Hot Shower Tent: Light Speed including cotton towels for body, face and hands.
- Portable chemical toilet: Cleanwaste toilet system and toiletries.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks (if you request them in advance, we can provide you a pair of standard walking sticks per customer)
- Extra transportation required along the trek due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Cusco hotel accommodation.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- In order to provide you a superb personalized attention, it is vital that you send us your rooming list distribution in advance.
- On day 3, we will book a Hotel in Aguas Calientes town, if you prefer Belmond Sanctuary Lodge then there will be itinerary modifications that will incur in additional costs as you will need to arrive to Aguas Calientes earlier.
- Also on day 3 and depending on your interests, it is possible to arrange a visit to Ollantaytambo archaeological site before your train departure. Please note that there are additional costs involved for this extra service.
- Train stations and train schedules are subject to availability, also due to rainy season Poroy train station is closed from January to April of each year.
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles (Standard Brand) without any charges; you just need to ask in advance to your travel specialist.
- If you would like to climb to Huayna Picchu Mountain, please take in mind that is an unguided hike. If you are interested, please consult with your travel specialist as we need to check availability far in advance.
BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Best time to visit
Good time to visit
Average time to visit
[Price upon request]
GRADES OF EXCLUSIVITY
Limited Alcoholic Beverages
MORE PERU TRAVEL IDEAS
Get inspired for your next holiday
WHAT OUR TRAVELLERS SAY
World Class Luxury Salkantay Trek
With my wife, we did the Salkantay Trek with the luxury standard of View Peru. It was a fantastic experience! Everything that was offered on the program was delivered, with a smile on the face ...
Lares 4 day Glamping Trek
The View Peru signature Lares Trek tour was beyond expectations and it left us content and happy. We chose the Lares Trek because we booked our Peru trip rather late for the Inca Trek (must ...
Nothing but AMAZING!
I’ve travelled the world and have used numerous tour companies for private tours. View Peru is among the best! Working closely together with Milton, one of their trip planners, I knew I was in for ...
OUR PERU TRAVEL BLOG
by View Peru & Signatures