Talking about attractions in Peru will take to great experiences throughout the South American country, full of history, culture, architecture, archaeology and some of the best food in the world. Peru is a gift!
From now on we can start with the most exquisite, the Peruvian food. The wealth of its lands and cultural diversity gives Peru an exquisite and tremendously varied gastronomy. Each city boasts its own regional dish with unique flavors. Thousands of countryside products and tens of living cultures, which have shared a single territory for centuries, create an offer that is practically infinite. Let your taste buds choose for you. Peru’s exceptional cuisine has been shining on center stage for some time, especially as fusion cooking involving indigenous ingredients and cooking methods gain popularity, all over the world. The intricate and fascinating history of Peruvian cuisine is becoming well known and there aren’t many travelers who land in Lima and not know that the capital is home to outstanding Michelin-starred restaurants or that they can enjoy superlative dishes all over the country, even as they’re cruising the remotest reaches of the Peruvian Amazon. There we have just a sample, Central, Maido, Mayta, Astrid & Gaston as some mentions of the award-winning restaurants worldwide
Secondly is to have the very best sites to visit in each city of this amazing country. In Lima, you can start:
– Knowing the downtown going to some very important and amazing churches as the Cathedral, La Merced, Nazarenas, San Pedro, San Francisco that is also a convent with catacombs and some more.
– Then you can continue visiting Miraflores, (residential and commercial area), where you can walk thought the streets or take a bike and tour much of the district; stop for an incredible lunch, and continue to barranco, its walls are filled with street art, and the buildings are bright and colorful, offering a bit of a respite from Lima grey skies. Barranco has been home to some of Peru’s and Latin America’s finest artists, offering them beauty and inspiration
– Also, and depending of the weather, you can spend one day at the beach, the south of Lima has a district called Asia with many beaches, places to lunch and walk
– And so, when the night comes, you can choose a special show that is on the occasion
Let’s continue with Cusco, the navel of the world; the most incredible city you have ever, never seen. Here there are attractions that are a must:
– The main city, walk around the city, live its small streets, visit the San Blas bohemians’ zone with so much art, visit the San Pedro typical market with a gift of colors and flavors; the so many churches that are, without forgetting the four nearby archaeologic sites such as: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay; and, do not lose the nights in Cusco with it bars and restaurants
– Then, continue through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, with the beautiful town and ruins of Pisac; the typical market of Chinchero; Maras and its salt mines, the aqueduct of Moray and the fortress of Ollantaytambo. Here in the Sacred valley, there are many adventure tours that could be great for you: Kayaking, rafting, paragliding, mountain biking, horseback riding; to then continue to the gem of the area, the seventh wonder of the world, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu with all its history and culture; the most impressionist place you will ever seen
– To arrive to Machu Picchu, it is important to know that there are very different types and styles of trains, since the economic, the first class and the luxuries; you have a great variety of classes and schedules to choose
– A point that is very, very important for you to know is the most incredible way to go to Machu Picchu. This is the world’s famous Inca Trail where you walk for 2 or 4 days up to the Inca citadel; this is the most amazing experience you will ever have and we are the experts
– We can not fail to mention the Baroque route in the south of Cusco, with Tipon, Piquillacta and Andahuaylillas
Then, we have, Arequipa with its colonial sites and its Colca Canyon; Puno, the highest navigable Titicaca Lake and its genuine and typical Islands of Uros, Taquile and Amantani. And, the most varied and rich jungle in all of America in the Amazon
Remember, Peru has too much!